Last night, Dave and I went out to dinner and to see the new Cinderella movie as a sort of belated birthday celebration. My real birthday was last week, but I spent it at my grandfather’s funeral and I didn’t much feel like celebrating. Deciding it was time to stop moping around my apartment, I used the date as an excuse to get dolled up.
The two of us headed to Pacci’s, a local pizza restaurant that I love. They cook their pizzas in a wood-burning oven, and there’s something about the crust that’s extra delicious. I ordered a pizza topped with buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil and parmesan. We decided to skip dessert, but I was certainly tempted since the restaurant has a wall of Nutella at the entrance.
When the two of us go out, it’s usually just a casual night at a bar with friends. I was excited to spend a little extra time on my hair and makeup. I curled my hair using the 25 mm barrel on my brand-new Nume Lustrum 5-in-1 Curling Wand. I’ll post a full review of it later on, but I’m so happy with how it turned out! My hair never holds a curl, but there’s some sort of voodoo magic in that thing that made it super easy!
I knew we’d be eating pizza and so I decided to skip the bold lip. Instead, I went for a slightly smoky silvery eye look and kept everything else on my face pretty neutral. This probably would have been a good opportunity to try out some false lashes, but I’m still scared of those silly things, and I’d already made Dave wait long enough for me to get ready…
On my face
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation — This is just a little too light for me at the moment, but I warmed it up with some bronzer. [No. 12 Beige Rose]
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage — For concealing blemishes [SC-2]
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Undereye Primer
- Bobbi Brown Corrector [Porcelain Peach]
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer [Light 2 – Vanilla]
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Nars Contour Blush — For contouring the hollows of my cheeks and highlighting my cheekbones/the bridge of my nose [Paloma]
- Tarte Park Ave Princess Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer — To add warmth around the outside of my face
- Benefit Box-o-Powder [Bella Bamba]
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder — Dusted on my T-zone and the tops of my cheeks as a finishing touch [Luminous Light]
On my eyes
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion [Original]
- Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow — Applied with a damp brush all over the mobile lid and blended through the crease. [Dionne — swatch can be seen halfway through this post]
- Naked 2 Basics Eyeshadow Palete — [Primal applied in outer corner, Skimp used as inner corner highlight]
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner — Smudged along upper lash line [Stingray]
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara — Not pictured below, sorry!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz [Dark Brown]
- Benefit Gimme Brow [Medium/Deep]
- Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick [Ethereal Pink]
The two of us had a really great time. The food was delicious as usual, and I enjoyed Cinderella more than I expected. (I’m always down for a good fairy tale, but Disney’s live-action remakes haven’t been doing it for me lately.) The costumes and the makeup were gorgeous, and I thought they did a great job of turning the typical “damsel in distress” princess story into one about a girl who thinks for herself.
Hopefully the remainder of the weekend is equally as fun as last night! I don’t have any formal plans, but I should probably use my down time clean up my apartment and do some chores… [womp womp].
What about you? Any exciting plans for the weekend?