Currently Drinking: Ultimate Green Tea from Zhena’s Gypsy Tea
This has felt like the longest week ever… Has it really only been a week since I wrote my first “Tea With Me” update? Last weekend was jam-packed with errands and to-dos. It was crazy busy, but crazy productive. The rest of the week was pretty standard, but I got to enjoy some time with friends.
- Dave and I signed (another) lease to an apartment. If everything works out as planned, we’ll be moving in mid-April. I’m so excited that everything finally feels like it’s falling into place, and I finally get to live with him. Even though we don’t move for a few weeks, Dave let me drag him to the hardware store so I could check out some paint swatches. I’m hoping to add some color to our new place and make it feel a little more lively. We also took it as an opportunity to start talking about wedding colors. Ugh, when did I become an adult?!
- Speaking of “adult” things, we also joined a gym. (Shoot me now.) I absolutely hate working out! But I also know that it’s good for me, and something I should do more regularly. Luckily, there’s a pool. I swam in high school, and it’s really the only form of exercise that relaxes me and makes me feel good afterwards. I’ll have to start browsing some fitness blogs for some beginners workouts. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
- I spent some time with a friend from college who was in town for the weekend. The two of us met up for a cup of coffee and strolled around Eastern Market. For those of you not familiar with DC, Eastern Market is a farmer’s market/flea market near Capitol Hill. It is my absolute favorite part of the city. There’s always great produce, beautiful flowers, and neat handmade items from local vendors. We stuck to browsing, but there were lots of items that caught my eye. (It’s my dream to live near a farmer’s market one day, and be able to go and pick up fresh produce and flowers on a whim.)
- In the beauty realm, I’ve been keeping my makeup quite simple recently. A little bit of BB cream, some peachy blush, winged liner and a nude lip. It’s quick for weekday mornings and keeps my skin looking fresh for spring.
- Finally, I got to enjoy a little bit of a pamper session with friends last night. One of my friends hosted a Mary Kay party at her apartment. There was a Mary Kay representative there who showed us some of their products while giving us mini facials and makeovers. It was a lot of fun! I don’t think I’m going to buy any of their makeup (I wasn’t particularly wowed by anything) but I’m strongly considering trying some of their skincare. Have any of you tried anything from Mary Kay? Anything you’d recommend?
That’s all for now! I hope you have a great week! What are you most looking forward to this weekend?