Currently Drinking: Republic of Tea’s Limited Edition Downton Abbey English Rose Tea (I don’t watch the show, but the tea sure tastes great!)
I don’t care what the calendar says. Summer is officially here! The weather in DC has been so hot that I feel like I can’t go outside without overheating. It’s times like this when I find myself wishing I was at the beach. (Actually… that’s a lie. I always find myself wishing I was at the beach.) It’s been a while since we’ve checked in, and I thought I should let all of you know what I’ve been up to! It’s been a busy few months behind the scenes of Tea and Sea, but I think I’m starting to find a rhythm.
Now that Dave and I have moved and we’re all unpacked, I’m loving the ability to post more consistently! My goal for the time being is once or twice a week, but we’ll see if I increase that in the future.
This past week, I finally caved and created separate Twitter and Instagram accounts for my blog. I’ve been on Twitter and Instagram for years, but I’ve felt funny about promoting this blog to my real-world friends. Now, I can do both! Things are still looking a little sparse, as I’m just getting started, but I promise it’ll grow. ‘Til then, you’re welcome to follow my personal Twitter and Instagram accounts as well.
Other random tidbits…
- I’m currently obsessed with the L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. I bought it on a whim after hearing lots of hype on the interwebs, and didn’t expect anything life alter. But lemme tell you — it’s so good. I plan on posting a FOTD/mini-tutorial using it soon.
- I’m finally starting to get into “wedding-mode.” Among other things, I’ve finally decided to commit to some healthier habits so that I can look and feel my best for my big day. I’m the furthest thing from a health junkie, so I’ve been trying to find small ways to make changes. So far, my favorite resources have been the recipes from Kim over at Peeled, as well as the workout calendars from Blogilates. Kim’s recipes make health food seem like regular food, and I never feel like I’m missing out or “dieting.” And the Blogilates videos have been a fun and easy way for me to work out from home. Currently, I’m doing the 28 Day Beginners Challenge. They say it takes three weeks to make a habit– let’s see how this goes. I’m not expecting miracles, but I wouldn’t complain if I was in better shape and dropped a couple of extra pounds I gained during the move.
- So much good music in my life lately. Florence and the Machine’s new album came out at the beginning of the month, and Nate Ruess’s solo album was released today. I’m deeply infatuated with both of them. Also, I can’t get enough of this beautiful song by Matt Corby. I don’t know anything about him as an artist, but the song was on an episode of Parenthood I recently watched, and his voice was just so haunting I had to check him out.
- I just started reading Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple. I’m not very far into it, but so far it’s quite good. The author has a quirky sense of humor, and it’s set in Seattle, which is one of my all-time favorite cities.
- Do any of you watch Game of Thrones? Did you see the finale?! No spoilers, I promise, but OH. MY. GOD! I don’t read the books, so I definitely didn’t see that coming. I don’t know how I’m going to survive until next season… (If you did watch the finale, these comics will make you chuckle! But warning– they do contain spoilers!)
That’s about it for now! Let me know what you’ve been up to lately in the comments below! (Also, let me know your favorite healthy recipes! I’m new to this, and looking for suggestions!)