Currently Drinking: Twining’s English Breakfast Tea (From my favorite elephant mug!)
Happy Friday, everyone! I have the day off of work, and so I got to enjoy a rare, quiet breakfast with a hot cup of tea and a magazine.
It’s been a while since I’ve sat down to write one of these “Tea With Me” check-ins. It’s a busy time of year, and I thought it might be nice to fill you in on some of the things happening in my world.
- My grad-school applications are due next week. (Ahh!) I’m furiously working to perfect my personal statements and essays. It’s so stressful to think of someone evaluating your character and abilities without actually meeting you. Fingers crossed I get into the schools I’m applying to!
- This weekend, Dave and I are going to our Pre-Cana marriage retreat. It’s one of the requirements since we’re getting married in the Catholic Church. Neither of us quite knows what to expect, and we’re both a little nervous. I’m trying to keep an open mind about the whole thing… Hopefully we’ll gain some useful insights!
- Do any of you like musicals—specifically The Sound of Music and Les Misérables? This photo popped up on my Facebook page and I could not stop laughing!
- Each year, DJ Earworm creates a video mashup of the top 50 pop songs for the year, and it always makes me feel so nostalgic!
- Can you believe Christmas is only two weeks away? I’ll be honest… I haven’t really done any Christmas shopping yet. I have some basic ideas for almost everyone on my list, but my little brother has me really stumped. Any suggestions for gifts for a 19 year old boy? I’m leaning towards getting him two tickets to a movie, and a gift certificate to a nice restaurant near his campus so that he can take his girlfriend on a nice date, but that feels really impersonal.
- This year is the first Christmas I’m spending away from my family! Dave and I are driving down to his parent’s place in Florida with his sister. I’m excited to be a part of their family’s traditions, but it’s definitely a little bittersweet being away from home.
That’s all for now! Thanks for reading, as always!
‘Til next time!